Debit Card - Santander
Cash, and convenience, in hand.
What is a debit card?
A Debit Mastercard® is a payment card that deducts money directly from your checking account. Whether you want to get a cup of coffee, make a payment, get cash, shop online, use Apple Pay, set up recurring payments, transfer funds, or pay by phone, a debit card is the convenient, secure, and smart way to get it done – everywhere Mastercard® is accepted.
Santander Business Banking debit card details can be found here.
Advantages of your Santander® Debit Mastercard®.
- Make fast everyday purchases without cash or checks.
- Use at any contactless, chip, or magnetic terminals, everywhere Mastercard® is accepted.
- Withdraw cash at an ATM whenever you need it.
- Make safe in-store, in-app purchases.
- Shop online, pay bills, and make payments by phone.
- Enjoy the peace-of-mind of Santander® PROTECHTION.
- Spend like cash, with no interest or late payments.
- Set up recurring payments and avoid late payment fees.
- Add to your digital wallet to make purchases with Apple Pay.
Use our Mobile Banking App to activate your Santander Debit Mastercard® and more.Make the most of your debit card with the Santander® Mobile Banking App1. Download our Mobile Banking App to activate your debit card, create or change your PIN, put your misplaced card on hold, and set up alerts. Learn how.
Your Santander® Debit Mastercard® helps to protect you from fraud.
- The embedded chip provides enhanced security for your card.
- You are not liable for fraudulent purchases on your Santander cards when you promptly notify us – no matter how large or small the transaction. Certain conditions apply.*
- We monitor 24/7 for any unusual activity on your card. You can also set up your own customized email alerts for a variety of account activities.
If you think your identity has been compromised for any reason, experts will provide you with support in notifying the credit bureaus, having alerts placed on your credit file, canceling fraudulent cards, and replacing lost or stolen cards.
Bank with the digital confidence of Santander PROTECHTION.
- Manage accounts. Know you’re safe with us, using digital controls for cards, alerts, and more.
- Manage cards. Activate debit cards, put a misplaced card on hold, report them lost or stolen, and request replacements.
- Set up alerts. Select and customize the alerts you want to receive, refine alert settings, and choose whether to receive them via text, email, or both.
Digital banking with Santander PROTECHTION gives you the confidence and control to bank online with peace of mind.
Make sure your debit card works on the road.
- Your card is designed to work for you whether you travel domestically or internationally.
We do recommend you call to notify us of any upcoming international travel to avoid interruption when you use your card.
Frequently asked questions:
1In order to use the Santander® Mobile Banking App for the first time, customers need to successfully complete the self-enrollment process, log in to the Mobile Banking App, and accept the Digital Banking Agreement and Electronic Communication Disclosure. Data connection required. Message and data rates may apply.
*You must properly safeguard your PIN and promptly notify us of any unauthorized transactions. Please refer to Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers section in your Personal Deposit Account Agreement.
Santander Bank, N.A. is a Member FDIC and a wholly owned subsidiary or Banco Santander, S.A. © Santander Bank, N.A. All rights reserved. Santander, Santander Bank and the Flame Logo are trademarks of Banco Santander, S.A. or its subsidiaries in the United States or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.