If you're a student age 16 through 25 years old1, Santander can make banking easy and affordable. That's because our Student Banking gives you the simple, straightforward features and timesaving services to fit your active, on-the-go lifestyle.
Santander Student Checking
- No minimum balance requirement or monthly charge
- Free incoming domestic wire transfers
- Free first order of checks2
- Complimentary Student Guide to Money Management
Santander Student Savings
- Competitive rates and the security of FDIC insurance
- Easy transfers to and from checking3
- Complimentary Student Savings account4
Santander Debit MasterCard® with Cash Rewards
- The most convenient way to access funds and make purchases
- Zero liability in the event that someone makes unauthorized signature purchases with your card5
- Provides MasterCard's great coverage and added protection for your debit card purchases:
- Extended Warranty - Doubles the time period and duplicates the coverage of the original manufacturer's warranty, for a maximum of one additional year6
- Purchase Assurance® - Protects you for 90 days from the date of purchase and up to $1,000 per claim for theft, damage or loss6
- Satisfaction Guarantee - If you become dissatisfied with a product within 60 days of a purchase, and the merchant will not accept a return, you may be reimbursed for the product up to $250 per claim6
- Automatically earn up to 20% in Santander Cash Rewards every time you use your Santander Debit MasterCard to make online or in-store purchases at selected participating retailers, log into your Online Banking account and click the Rewards tab to learn more7
Santander Online Banking with BillPay
- 100% guaranteed against fraud8 and late bill payments
- 24/7 access to account balances, transaction history and more
- Easy-to-use BillPay with the ability to receive electronic versions of your bills and statements
- Convenient access through our Mobile Banking app
- Direct Deposit for fast, easy, safe access to paychecks and other recurring deposits
- 0.25% rate discount on auto loans and personal loans and lines with automatic payment from a Santander checking account10
- Overdraft protection via Santander Easy Access Line of Credit or transfer from your savings account9
- Santander Account Protector10
|extra20 banking||Premier Banking||Classic Banking||Basic Banking|
|OPEN NOW||OPEN NOW||OPEN NOW||OPEN NOW|
|Learn More||Learn More||Learn More||Learn More|
|Best If You Want||Your bank to pay you! This account recognizes the value you bring to the bank by rewarding you for receiving Direct Deposit and completing Bill Pay transactions.||Exclusive rates on deposits, discounts on loans, priority customer service and many no-fee features||An easy banking solution with options||Simple and economical banking|
|Available With Package||extra20 checking and extra20 savings||Santander Premier Checking, Premier Money Market Savings||Santander Classic Checking, Santander Classic Savings||Flat Fee Basic Checking, Santander Basic Savings|
|Interest-Earning Checking Account||No||Yes||No||No|
|Checking Account Monthly Fee||$10, waived with $1,500 or more in total direct deposits to the checking account during the service fee period||$30, waived with $20,000 or more in combined balances in checking, savings, money market savings, CDs, IRAs, investments, and loans†, ‡||$10, waived with at least $500 in Direct Deposits a month or $750 average daily balance‡||$5 ($3 NY/NJ)|
|Fee to Make a Withdrawal at Other Banks' ATMs in the US||Yes ($3.00)||No#||Yes ($3.00)||Yes ($3.50)|
|Discounts on Check Orders||Yes, free first order of Santander checks||Yes, free Graystone-style or Santander checks or $15 discount on alternate designs||No||No|
|Additional Benefits||Account eligible to receive bonuses each month based on Direct Deposit and Online Banking bill payments1. Online Banking with BillPay, Santander Debit MasterCard®||Online Banking with BillPay, Santander Premier Debit MasterCard®||Online Banking with BillPay, Santander Debit MasterCard®||Online Banking with BillPay, Santander Debit MasterCard®|
† Not counted as part of the combined balance are the following: mortgage loans; student loans; credit card balances, unsecured personal loans and lines of credit issued by FIA Card Services, N.A.; the unused portion of any Santander credit line; indirect auto loans obtained through automobile dealers; and investments not held in a brokerage account with Santander Investment Services.
‡ For the service period.
# Limited to ATMs in the 50 states in the U.S. ATM owner may charge a separate fee.
1 Student Banking package is available for full-time and part-time students age 16 through 25 years old attending a college, university or other undergraduate-level school. Proof of enrollment required. Students under 18 years of age must have a joint owner on their Student Banking savings account who is at least 18 years of age.
2 Free first order of 20 Antique style checks. After first order students purchase their own checks.
3 You can withdraw funds from your Santander Student Savings account no more than 6 times by computer, telephone, preauthorized transfer or Debit Card purchase each service fee period. Fees apply if you exceed these limits, and if you repeatedly exceed these limits, we will close your account or convert your account to a checking account.
4 There is no monthly fee for Student Savings accounts. All other fees apply.
5 When you promptly notify us. Does not apply to transactions made using your PIN. Please refer to your Personal Deposit Account Agreement for more details.
6 Certain restrictions apply. For full details, see the Guide to Benefits insert that will be sent with your new card or visit mastercard.com for more details. Remember to keep all receipts to properly review your claim.
7 Cash rewards are earned on purchases made at participating online retailers through the Santander Cash Rewards Program tab in Online Banking or in-store at participating national and local retailers when using your Santander Debit MasterCard. Look for terms of the participating retailers' and sign up on the Santander Cash Rewards tab in Online Banking. Participating retailers are subject to change.
8 Please refer to the Online Banking Agreement for details on guarantees and your responsibilities for promptly reporting unauthorized transactions.
9 All applications subject to approval.
10 We charge our standard overdraft fee of $35 per transaction when you make a transaction, including checks, Online Banking payments or any other type of withdrawal, and you do not have sufficient available funds to pay the transaction. There is an additional one-time $35 sustained overdraft fee on the 6th business day any checking (other than Santander Premier Checking), savings or money market savings account is overdrawn. If you enroll in Santander Account Protector, these fees will apply to overdrafts caused by ATM transactions and one-time debit card purchases. Any overdrafts that we pay must be promptly repaid. Whether we pay an overdraft is at our discretion and there is no guarantee that any overdraft will be paid by the bank.