Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) loans are popular homebuyer choices. These loans are insured or guaranteed by the federal government and must meet certain requirements. They feature low downpayments and a variety of fixed and adjustable rate options.
FHA Loans are available in a variety of fixed-rate and adjustable-rate loan options, with down payment options as low as 3.5%.
- Requires less cash up-front for your down payment and closing costs.
- Available for all income levels.
- May allow you to use a gift or grant for all or a portion of a down payment or closing cost
VA Loans provide financing for qualified veterans, reservists, active duty personnel, or eligible spouses, with a variety of fixed-rate and adjustable-rate loan options and low/no-down payment options.
- Provides a wide range of rate, term, and cost options
- Does not require monthly mortgage insurance payments
- Provides the potential for minimal out-of-pocket expenses with seller contributions
1 All loans subject to approval