Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP)
You may be eligible for a HARP refinance if:
- You own a home that is your primary residence, a 1-unit second home, or a 1-4 unit investment property.
- You have a mortgage that is owned or guaranteed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. Not sure? Check online at Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.
- You have a mortgage that was originated on or before May 31, 2009.
- Your current loan-to-value (LTV) ratio is greater than 80%.
- You're current on your mortgage, with no 30-day+ late payments in the last six months and no more than one late payment in the past 12 months. If you have had the loan for less than 12 months, you have never missed a payment.
- If you're more than 30+ days late, you may be eligible for a loan modification.
The HARP program was originally set to expire at the end of 2016, however the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) has extended the program through September 30, 2017. Many homeowners are still eligible for HARP, even if you have been previously turned down. Visit http://www.harp.gov/ for more information.