How to Avoid Overdraft Fees
As a new customer, we want to make sure that you have access to the information that allows you to manage your finances. Please see below for some helpful information that will help you to keep track of your money and will help to prevent fees.
Utilize Your Check Register
- Record in your check register all of your checking account transactions as they occur (i.e. checks deposited, money withdrawn, transactions, purchases, fees, etc.). This record will help you understand exactly how much money you have spent and, in conjunction with Online Banking and Telephone Banking, which transactions have been received by the bank and which have not.
- Verify your records against the monthly statements you receive from the bank to make sure that they match
- Access your money anytime and anywhere via these account access channels so that you can check your account balances, remembering that these balances don't reflect transactions the bank has not yet received.
- Review activity
- Transfer funds
- Information and tools are available to you right on this site.
- A variety of Online Budget Calculators to help you manage your money
- Details on Santander's Overdraft Protection Plan where you can designate other accounts to help provide you with coverage in the event that you overdraw your checking or money market savings account
What to Expect
Receive debit card within 5-7 business days. Learn More
Your Santander® Checks
Receive checks within 10 business days. Learn More
If you have not already received your credentials, you can Click Here, and follow the prompts to retrieve your forgotten User ID and password.
Customer Contact Center
1.877.768.2265, 6am - 10pm, 7 days a week.
Call the Customer Contact Center at 1.800.428.9121 (TTY/TDD) anytime between 6am - 10pm, 7 days a week.
ATM & Branch Locator
Find an ATM or Branch nearest you