If you're buying a new car or used car or you want to refinance your current auto loan, Santander can help point you in the right direction. We offer attractive rates, favorable terms and loans up to $75,000.
If you're car shopping, you want the best deal possible, the best purchase price on your car and the best financing as well. We can pre-qualify you for an auto loan before you start looking, so you'll know exactly how much you can spend on your car.
Qualified borrowers can expect:
- Competitive rates
- Flexible repayment terms
- 100% financing available
- Rate discount when you have your payments automatically deducted from any Santander checking account
Take advantage of the optional Santander Loan Protection Plan**.
Santander® Optional Loan Protection Plan†
Help protect what matters most – your family, your assets and your finances
You can take steps to help protect yourself and your family when you experience certain unexpected life events. With Santander's Loan Protection Plan your eligible Santander loan payments and/or outstanding loan balance may be cancelled if you experience involuntary unemployment, disability or even loss of life. Santander can help take the worry away by giving you the reassurance you need.
You can help protect your family's finances by directing your household income where you need it most. Simply add one or more of these Loan Protection plans to your new Santander Home Equity Line of Credit or other eligible secured loan.
Santander can offer you three separate protection options:
- Up to $100,000 of the eligible balance on your protected Santander loan may be canceled in the event of your loss of life
- Co–borrowers may not have to pay the eligible canceled balance
- Existing life insurance benefits may be used by your beneficiaries to pay other obligations or provide income to your family
- Cancels up to 15 eligible minimum monthly payments of up to $1,000 per month on your protected Santander loan and allows you to use you disability income, if any, to help meet medical or other expenses
- May help to reduce stress on your family budget during an already stressful time
- Cancels up to 15 eligible minimum monthly payments of up to $1,000 per month on your protected Santander loan and allows you to use unemployment income to pay other bills or obligations
† The Plan is not an automatic feature of any loan or line of credit. It must be separately requested and purchased by the borrower at an additional cost. Eligibility requirements, benefit limitations, exclusions and other terms and conditions apply.
About Loan Protection Fees
The monthly fee for each Loan Protection plan is based on your daily account balance (up to a maximum of $100,000) for the monthly payment period, multiplied by the daily equivalent of the monthly rate per thousand, which is:
Life Protection – A Single Plan has a $0.99 per month fee for each one thousand dollars of your outstanding principal balance. A Joint Plan has a $1.98 per month fee for each one thousand dollars of your outstanding principal balance.
Disability Protection – A Single Plan has a $0.50 per month fee for each one thousand dollars of your outstanding principal balance. A Joint Plan has a $1.00 per month fee for each one thousand dollars of your outstanding principal balance.
Involuntary Unemployment Protection – A Single Plan has a $0.68 per month fee for each one thousand dollars of your outstanding principal balance. A Joint Plan has a $1.36 per month fee for each one thousand dollars of your outstanding principal balance.
For more information, or to purchase one or more of these Loan Protection plans, see your Santander representative.
† PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Your purchase of a Loan Protection Plan is optional. Whether or not you purchase a Loan Protection Plan will not affect your application for credit or the terms of any existing credit agreement you have with us.
Before you are billed for a Loan Protection Plan, you will receive a copy of the Agreement, which contains eligibility requirements, terms, conditions and exclusions of a Loan Protection Plan.
There are eligibility requirements, terms, conditions, and exclusions that could prevent you from receiving Loan Protection benefits, or could limit the amount or duration of benefits available to you. You should carefully read the Agreement for a full explanation of the terms of each Loan Protection Plan. A copy of the Agreement can be provided to you by your local Santander branch office.
- Life Protection is limited to a maximum of $100,000 for Home Equity Lines of Credit and other eligible secured loans over $100,000.
* To get the Santander Bank, N.A. automobile loan annual percentage rates (APRs) shown, you must reside in CT, DC, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI or VT, must have or open a Santander checking account and must authorize automatic payment from that account. The APR will increase by 0.25 percentage points, and the payment will increase, if automatic payment from your Santander checking account is discontinued. The advertised rates are some of our best rates. The rate for which you qualify will be based on your credit history, vehicle age, down payment (if any), loan amount as a percentage of vehicle value, loan term and the payment option you select. Minimum loan amount is $5,000 and maximum is $75,000. Loans are available to finance up to 100% of the value of the vehicle offered as collateral. The monthly payment amount on a $25,000 loan secured by a new vehicle with a 60-month term, 80% LTV and 2.54% APR is $444.13. The monthly payment amount on a $15,000 loan secured by a used vehicle with a 60-month term, and 2.99% APR is $269.46. Sixty month terms on used vehicle loans are available on loans secured by 2009 through 2015 model year vehicles. Seventy-two month terms are available only on loans secured by new vehicles (2015 through 2016 model year vehicles with 5,000 or fewer miles) and do not qualify for our lowest standard rates. Older vehicles require shorter loan terms. Rates and other terms accurate as of 12/31/15 and may change thereafter.
** The Plan is not an automatic feature of any loan or line of credit. It must be separately requested and purchased by the borrower at an additional cost. Eligibility requirements, benefit limitations, exclusions and other terms and conditions apply. Ask for details.