Santander Bank, N.A.
Charitable Contributions Program
Our communities are stronger when we invest in each other. That’s why the Santander Bank, N.A. Charitable Contributions Program donates to charitable organizations in the neighborhoods where our customers and colleagues live and work. We partner with organizations to strengthen low- and moderate-income (LMI) and other underserved communities within our footprint through equity investments, philanthropy, and employee engagement.
In 2017, Santander Bank N.A. released the Inclusive Communities Plan (ICP), an outline of our commitment to promoting local economic development through small business growth and increasing local economic and financial inclusion through 2021.
Under the ICP, our grantmaking will facilitate partnerships with organizations to focus on the Bank’s primary philanthropic areas of focus:
Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI Initiative) – Operating support to increase lending capital or the ability to leverage additional sources of equity or program support to promote impactful programming that meets local community needs.
Economic and Workforce Development – Operating or program support to create, retain, and improve access to jobs and workforce development programs for LMI individuals; business planning and technical assistance services for LMI immigrant, minority, and women-owned small businesses; and loans to LMI-owned businesses and LMI entrepreneurs for early stage start-ups and growing small businesses.
Affordable Housing – Operating or program support to create and preserve affordable housing, including multi-family rental and single-family homeownership projects; provide homebuyer education, post-purchase, and pre-foreclosure counseling; and to protect LMI tenants through policy change, organizing, and advocacy.
Financial Education & Inclusion – Operating or program support to promote prosperity for LMI families and neighborhoods through education and literacy programs addressing a range of budgeting and financial basics, including banking, credit and loans, and identity theft.
Grant Types & Guidelines
General grants are competitive and open to eligible nonprofit 501(c)3 organizations. Average grant size is $30,000. Grants range from $10,000 to $100,000 and have a one-year term. Some organizations with a demonstrated record of success and a high level of employee engagement with the Bank may be invited to apply for larger grants and/or receive a grant with a multi-year term.
- Grants to individuals
- Capital campaigns
- Programs with political, sectarian, or religious purposes
- Pageants, team sponsorships, or sporting events
- Organizations traditionally supported by parents (e.g., Little League, Parent Teacher Organizations, Scouting)
- Advertising in programs, bulletins, schedules, maps, yearbooks, book covers, or brochures
- Trips and tours, including transportation costs
- ”Walk–a–thons” or similar fundraising events
- Programs serving residents in areas outside our footprint
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, color, disability, handicap, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, citizenship, genetic information, ancestry, or any other basis prohibited by law
Applying for a Grant
Applications are accepted from January 1st through October 15th and are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Applying for a Charitable Sponsorship
Submit sponsorship requests by clicking on the below button at least 60 days prior to the event and should include a list of sponsorship levels and benefits along with event details. Requests are reviewed on a rolling basis.