Cash, and convenience, in hand.
What is a debit card?
A Debit Mastercard® is a payment card that deducts money directly from your checking account. Whether you want to get a cup of coffee, make a payment, get cash, shop online, use Apple Pay, set up recurring payments, transfer funds, or pay by phone, a debit card is the convenient, secure, and smart way to get it done – everywhere Mastercard® is accepted.
Advantages of your Santander® Debit Mastercard®.
- Make fast everyday purchases without cash or checks.
- Use at any contactless, chip, or magnetic terminals, everywhere Mastercard® is accepted.
- Withdraw cash whenever you need it.
- Make safe in-store, in-app purchases.
- Shop online, pay bills, and make payments by phone.
- Enjoy the peace-of-mind of Santander® PROTECHTION.
- Spend like cash, with no interest or late payments.
- Set up recurring payments and avoid late payment fees.
- Add to your digital wallet to make purchases with Apple Pay.
Your Santander® Debit Mastercard® helps to protect you from fraud.
- The embedded chip provides enhanced security for your card.
- You are not liable for fraudulent purchases on your Santander cards when you promptly notify us – no matter how large or small the transaction. Certain conditions apply.*
- We monitor 24/7 for any unusual activity on your card. You can also set up your own customized email alerts for a variety of account activities.
If you think your identity has been compromised for any reason, experts will provide you with support in notifying the credit bureaus, having alerts placed on your credit file, canceling fraudulent cards, and replacing lost or stolen cards.
Bank with the digital confidence of Santander PROTECHTION.
- Manage accounts. Know you’re safe with us, using digital controls for cards, alerts, and more.
- Manage cards. Activate debit cards, put a misplaced card on hold, report them lost or stolen, and request replacements.
- Set up alerts. Select and customize the alerts you want to receive, refine alert settings, and choose whether to receive them via text, email, or both.
Digital banking with Santander PROTECHTION gives you the confidence and control to bank online with peace of mind.
Make sure your debit card works on the road.
- Your card is designed to work for you whether you travel domestically or internationally.
We do recommend you call to notify us of any upcoming international travel to avoid interruption when you use your card.
Frequently asked questions:
Follow these simple steps to order a new debit card:
Log in to Online Banking.
Select ATM & Debit Card Services to request a new or replacement debit card. You can also put your debit card on hold and report a lost or stolen card here.
If you do not know your PIN number, please call the customer service number on the back of your card. To keep your card safe, do not share your PIN with anyone or write it anywhere on the card.
Yes, you can change your debit PIN number at any ATM or by calling our customer service number on the back of your card.
If you prefer to call, you will need your telephone banking PIN number. If you haven’t set up your telephone banking PIN or don’t remember it, call the number on the back of your card and speak to one of our Customer Service Advisors.
To change your debit card PIN by calling the number on the back of your card, select 3 from the automated menu. After entering your Social Security Number and your telephone PIN number (different than your debit card PIN), you will hear your balances. You can then select 4 from the menu to change your debit card PIN number.
If you go to an ATM, please note you can change your PIN number only if you know your existing debit PIN number. If you don't know your existing PIN number, you will have to call the phone number on the back of the card and request a new PIN number to be mailed to you.
Activate at any Santander ATM or by calling 1-877-726-0631. Personal debit cardholders can also activate via our Mobile Banking app. Not available for Business Banking customers. Once your card is activated, you can use it at any contactless, chip-enabled, or traditional terminal. Make sure to sign the back of your card.
Your card should work whether you travel internationally or domestically. However, we do recommend you call to notify us of any upcoming international travel so there is no interruption when you use your card.
For answers to other questions or personal assistance with your account, contact Customer Service.
*You must properly safeguard your PIN and promptly notify us of any unauthorized transactions. Please refer to Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers section in your Personal Deposit Account Agreement.
Santander Bank, N.A. is a Member FDIC and a wholly owned subsidiary or Banco Santander, S.A. © Santander Bank, N.A. All rights reserved. Santander, Santander Bank and the Flame Logo are trademarks of Banco Santander, S.A. or its subsidiaries in the United States or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.