Frequently Asked Savings Account Questions | Santander Bank - Santander
Frequently Asked Savings Account Questions
All savings accounts can be opened in a Santander Bank branch and the Santander® Savings account can be opened online. Santander® Money Market Savings, Santander Select® Money Market Savings and Santander® Private Client Money Market Savings accounts can only be opened online in conjunction with an online personal checking account opening. To open an account, you will need:
- Your Social Security number
- A government-issued ID
- Funds for an opening deposit (For online, can be paid with a credit or debit card)
- A valid email address
As long as you have everything you need, applying for a savings account online should only take 15 minutes.
Yes, each account has a minimum deposit:
- Santander® Youth Savings: $10
- Santander® Savings: $25
- Santander® Money Market Savings: $25
- Santander Select® Money Market Savings: $25
- Santander® Private Client Money Market Savings: $25
You will begin to earn interest as soon as the funds in the account clear and are available in the bank.
Yes, you can open a savings account jointly in branch or online with anyone 18 years of age or older, or a child under the age of 18 if you are their parent or legal guardian. Learn more about joint savings accounts.